Every day is still a new adventure for Brady and I and every week is exciting! Ryan (Brady's little brother) just opened his mission call today and he is going to the Utah, Salt Lake Mission Spanish speaking. He leaves on May 27 and he seems pretty excited!
This week I also had fun helping Wayne's Electric wire a house that is being remodeled. Technically, I only did the sweeping to help with clean up but I'm basically a professional sweeper now and think I could go into the business with my new father-in-law. lol I guess I was a pretty good help but I went more for the fun to see this big project they've been working on for so long and Brady was there working so it gave me an excuse to be somewhat close to him on a Saturday night.
I spent a lot of time this week printing pictures and finished scrapbooking all my wedding pics. I think it's a good project to have done and I'm glad I can at least cross it off my list of things to do.
Brady and I made our first big purchase by finally investing in a 32' flat screen TV. We are so glad to have something bigger than the tiny thing we started with and our first movie on the big screen was The Hunchback of Notre Dame...well, lame or not we enjoyed it lol. I also got my first set of golf clubs this week (Brady is hoping to teach me this summer as I have never officially been golfing in my life). We had a random hook-up with someone giving away a Frankenstein set with different brands that make up a complete set (the woods are made of real wood). I guess now I have no excuse to not join Brady on the golf course this summer.
I had my fun first experience of being a nursery teacher today! They asked me help with the only kid in our nursery who rarely comes. His mom wouldn't leave as she was looking for an excuse to miss sunday school but the second hour after she left we were doing great fighting dinosaurs and playing with cereal until we passed her in the hallway on our way to get a drink. I don't know what she was doing out of class but after Kai saw her I lost all control and she had to stay with him for the last 20 minutes. So to sum it up, I'm not the best nursery teacher which hopefully means they won't ask me to do it again.
Finals week is here which means Brady and I need to hit the books that we have been neglecting all quarter. We are excited for classes to be over and for another break! We would enjoy hearing from any of you if you have any time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment